The years go by and video stays at the top of the market trends as the most popular content format in the digital context (not today's consumer, especially digital). The video works for all segments of the market and is used in different contexts: webinars, lectures, hangouts, promotions, promotions, events, interviews among others.
- Highlight your brand of competition
- Features a face
- Illustrates a complex idea in a simple way
- Increases range
- Reach potential subscribers
But let's go to the theme that brought us here today!
Although available since 2011, Live Streaming from Youtube was limited to webcasts, however, Barbara Macdonald and Kurt Williams, Google Product Managers, announced yesterday the great NEW: it is now possible to perform live broadcasts from any Smartphone!
This feature competes with the Live Streaming option of Facebook, Instagram, and Periscope, but is already exclusive to users with more than 10,000 subscribers (it's your case? Good!), although Youtube says that for the remaining users it will be soon available.
PS: Already available on Portugal! YEAH! 🎉
HOW DOES MOBILE LIVE STREAMING WORK?
In addition to generating more closeness and interaction to the audience, it improves engagement, increases brand lovers and subscribers, stirs interest, boosts sales and more! But to take full advantage of Mobile Live Streaming, you must ensure that you have more than 10,000 followers, access the Youtube Smartphone application and click the capture button. Now that you are live, you can share your thoughts, news and daily events in a more intimate and spontaneous way directly in your Vlogue. Once the live video is complete, it will be found through the search, recommendations or on the home playlists (protected from unauthorized use).
But in order to improve the user experience and its subscribers, YouTube has slowed live chat so you can respond calmly to your fans and even improve the quality of transmission between different devices. Although you should bear in mind that the resolution of the video will always be adapted to your reality and internet speed!
A par do Live Streaming Mobile, o maior canal de vídeos online apresenta ainda o Super Chat, uma ferramenta que permite monitorizar os comentários dos espetadores durante as transmissões em direto. Mas falaremos desta NOVIDADE no próximo ponto!
Alongside Live Streaming Mobile, the largest online video channel also features Super Chat, a tool that allows you to monitor comments during live broadcasts. But we will talk about this NEWS at the next point!
4 KEY TIPS:
- Choose a relevant theme to the audience (answer their questions, give suggestions and tips, among others)
- Set the best time for your live broadcast (you must take into account audience availability)
- Prompt your subscribers in advance to make a live broadcast through your Youtube channel (indicate the time and theme and invite them to stay connected)
- Follow the action plan: welcome your viewers, answer your questions, and discuss other interesting topics
WHAT IS SUPER CHAT?
As we mentioned earlier, it is a tool that allows you to monitor comments from viewers during live broadcasts by highlighting messages posted live.
But how does it work, you ask?
Fans can buy Super Chats and thus highlight their messages (remaining at the top of the broadcast window) among the others through:
- Highlight with a different color
- Fixing the message stays on the ticker for a certain period of time (up to a maximum of 5h, the more you pay, the longer your message stays on the ticker)
Although also the maximum size of the message, be decisive for the value of the purchase.
NOTE I: Purchases are not yet supported by the iOS System.
NOTE II: Super Chats can be viewed on Internet Explorer 11+, Google Chrome 36+, Safari 9+, Mozilla Firefox 35+, Edge and Opera 23+, but are not supported on mobile browsers.
At the moment the countries whose fans can buy Super Chats are: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Spain, Philippines, Finland, France, Greece, Holland, Hong Kong , Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Russia, Senegal, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Uganda. Anf for each Super Chat bought, you as creator of the content, you receive money (€€€€€€€).
VALUE OF SUPER CHATS
The feature starts at US $1, but the highlight of the message varies on the investment made by the fan:
- US $1: highlights the name of the use in blue, but does not put it in streaming video;
- Between US $5 to US $9.99: the message is highlighted green and has a limit of up to 150 characters, remaining in the ticker up to 2 minutes;
- US $500: The message is highlighted in red and can contain up to 350 characters, remaining in the video stream ticker up to 5h.
Now that you know the New LAUNCHES of Youtube, check if you meet the requirements and start to monetize your Mobile Live Streaming!
#Double #DigitalAgency #Youtube #LiveStreaming #SuperChat